Hanoi Capital is located on the banks of the Red River with tranquil Hoan Kiem Lake at its heart, Hanoi is the capital of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. North of the lake are the bustling streets of the Old Quarter, each street named after the trade that used to take place there. Sightseeing with a Local Guide; water puppets performance; visit Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Museum, Presidential Palace, and Temple of Literature.
Group size: Group 20
Itinerary: Hoan Kiem Lake – Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum – One Pillar Pagoda – Tran Quoc Pagoda – Bat Trang pottery village – Ethnology Museum – Hoan Kiem Lake
- Visit Tran Quoc Pagoda – one of the oldest pagoda in Vietnam
- Explore the architectural and historical aspects of Uncle Ho’s final resting-place
- See the peaceful waters of Hoan Kiem Lake and the beauty of Ngoc Son temple
AM: 08:00 – 08:30: Pick up at your hotel (join tours will free pick up all points in Hoan Kiem, Hanoi). Then visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Museum to explore the architectural and historical aspects of Uncle Ho’s final resting-place. Just next door is Ho Chi Minh’s house on stilts and lying to one side of the Mausoleum is the One Pillar Pagoda which was founded by King Ly Thai To in 1049 – the structure has become an important symbol for the people of Hanoi. We then continue on to the Buddhist Tran Quoc Pagoda on the West lake (One of the oldest pagoda in Vietnam).Then visit Bat Trang pottery village (apply on Mon, Wed & Fri). Lunch at local restaurant.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is closed on Monday and Friday morning.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Water Puppet show for Deluxe option only, a traditional performance that dates back as far as the 11th century in the villages of the Red River Delta area of northern Vietnam. Then the tour will finish around 16.30 – 17.00.
- Bat Trang pottery village will be visited on Mon, Wed & Fri (without Ethnology Museum). Ethnology Museum will be visited on Sun, Tue, Thu & Sat (without Bat Trang pottery village).
- Entrance fee
- English speaking guide
- Full transfers by shuttle bus (with A/C, purified bottled water, wet tissue)
16-seater bus used for 12-14 passengers
24-seater bus used for a maximum of 18 passengers
29-seater bus used for 18-20 passengers
What’s Not Included
- Visa arrangement
- Drinks on meals
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses